I’m a speech-language pathologist who started this site to let you know about me as a professional and to learn about you. I hope to use this as a venue to do so and offer information that may be of help. It is hard to keep up with blog posts that are pertinent to our fields. I tend to find these through reading a great deal when I am online. Periodically, I will try to sort through these and highlight those that I have found very useful. Perhaps you will too.
My work as a speech-language pathologist spans over thirty years in a variety of settings ages from infants through geriatrics. The majority of my practice is with young children, under one through school age; but in a university setting I have the opportunity to work with adolescents and adults.
In addition to my clinical and evaluation work, I develop seminars on topics connected with the skills connected with the developmental and treatment of communication disorders.
Special areas of interest:
- family-centered therapy with parents, extended families, and others in settings both in and outside of the home-EI through school-aged.
- work with children on the autism spectrum
- feeding therapy-
- completed specialized training using the SOS treatment approach to feeding https://sosapproachtofeeding.com/
- poor oral motor function-
- `PROMPT levels one and two trained
- neurological deficits that impact on a function as well as those with complex medical problems
- trained in the use of SPEAK OUT! THERAPY for adults wiht Parkinson’s Disease or a related disorder
Feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org/phone 917-968-1310 and arrange an appointment with flexible hours available. Office and possibly home-based service provided based on neeD
Insurance currently accepted: United Healthcare Choice “Plus, United Healthcare Oxford Freedom Plan, Empire Network
**Telehealth Services now available!